Sun, Feb 26|
Calvary Chapel South Bay/Fellowship Hall
The Closet & Support Group
Come shop at the GRAND OPENING of The Closet LA (1:30-2:30) and then head over to Support Group (2:30-4:30) to hear Kelli Sedgewick share her story of tragedy and triumph as a fost/adopt parent. Childcare, snacks and refreshments provided during Support Group. RSVPs required.
Time & Location
Feb 26, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Calvary Chapel South Bay/Fellowship Hall, 19300 S Vermont Ave, Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Join us at our GRAND OPENING of The Closet LA, followed by our monthly Support Group. The Closet 1:30-2:30
- The Closet provides essential goods at no cost to families caring for children through foster, adoptive, kinship and Strong Families placements. Items include clothing, baby gear, shoes, books, and toys, to name a few. Our hope is that by taking these items off your budget, you’re able to invest in other areas of life, whether it’s paying for tutoring or taking your family on a fun outing, because we know the challenges you face. We hope to make you feel cared for and “seen” in this season of your family's life.
- Please be prepared to show your foster certification or referral from a social worker and valid ID before shopping.
- RSVPs required.
Support Group 2:30-4:30
- Kelli Sedgewick will share her story of tragedy and triumph as a fost/adopt parent over the past decade. Kelli is Los Angeles Liaison for Advokids, an organization that provides foster parents with legal and scientific principles to effectively advocate for the well-being of children.
- Childcare, refreshments and snacks provided.
- Located in Fellowship Hall.
- This is a free event for families providing care for children through Strong Families, foster care, adoption, guardianship, and kinship placements.
- RSVPS required.